On May 25th 2018 the General Data Protection Regulation came into effect across the EU. It is a new law to ensure all data held and processed by organisations within the EU is secure and processed lawfully.
Public organisations, schools (and academies) are required to comply with GDPR. At Cockwood Primary School we have:
- Made everyone on the staff aware – all the way up to our governors.
- Been on training courses
- Have explored how we can monitor data protection across the schools within the Teignmouth Learning Trust
The process of becoming GDPR compliant has been a long one, because it affects all aspects of the school. We now have a GDPR compliant version of our Data Protection Policy, with the addition of Privacy Notices for both staff and pupils.
GDPR is central to our day-to-day culture. We already highly value and protect all of our pupil, parent and staff data and will continue to do so in the presence of GDPR.
Osprey Learning Trust GDPR Policies
All Trust-wide GDPR policies listed below can be found online at www.ospreylearningtrust.co.uk/gdpr
- Data protection policy
- Data retention policy
- Privacy notice (visitors)
- Privacy notice (applicants)
- Privacy notice (workforce)
- Privacy notice (parents and students)
- Subject access request policy and form